Community Engagement Program
“Art Camp for under 22, Vol. 7 Human Begin: What Are We Doing Tomorrow?”
Conducted in Japanese
In this program, we will join members of the upcoming generation to think of messages that update previously accepted norms around sex and gender, and use our bodies to express these. This will be a chance to scrutinize, through dance, how we can be our authentic selves in gender terms, and explore societal values around sex and gender.
This workshop offers the opportunity not just to engage in physical activity, but also to discover your own unique expression through encounters with experts from various fields including professional free climbers, filmmakers, hairstylists, musicians and more.
Dance and choreography created during this week-long dance camp on excursions to Roppongi, Toranomon, Akasaka and other places will be distributed widely by social media platforms and others in an attempt to share them with a larger audience even after the workshop is over.
- Tsujimoto Tomohiko (Dancer/Choreographer), Sugawara Koharu (Dancer/Choreographer)
- Event period
- June-August 2021
- Workshop Schedule
- Session #1: 11:00-16:00, Saturday, June 26, 2021
* Lunch included
Activities: Program kick-off
Tsujimoto Tomohiko, Sugawara Koharu and all the participants will come together to talk about the project we are about to start. The project begins with initial questions posed to the participants, such as “what would you like to do?”, “what kind of work would you like to do?” and so forth, to gather everyone’s input.
Venue: To be conducted at the Mori Art Museum Auditorium, or online via Zoom
- Session #2: 16:00-18:00, Saturday, July 10, 2021 (TBC)
Activities: Meet Hirayama Yuji, a professional free climber! Participants can experience climbing for themselves and will listen to him talk afterwards.
Venue: “Climb Park Base Camp” (https://b-camp.jp/) in Iruma City, Saitama Prefecture
- Session #3: Early morning to 14:00, Monday, July 26 through Friday, July 30, 2021 (TBC)
Activities: “Dance Camp” (Details will be provided to the participants on a later date)
Venues: Toranomon Hills, ARK Hills, Mori Art Museum, SHINTORA-DORI CORE, and other planned locations
- Session #4: 18:00-20:00, Saturday, July 31, 2021 (TBC)
Activities: Costume and makeup matching
Venue: Mori Art Museum
- Session #5: All day, Sunday, August 1, 2021 (hours TBC)
Activities: Rehearsal and main event
Venues: Toranomon Hills, ARK Hills, Mori Art Museum, SHINTORA-DORI CORE, other planned locations
- Session #6: All day, Monday, August 2, 2021 (hours TBC)
Venue: We are planning to go outside of Roppongi where the Mori Art Museum is located.
- Youths aged 15-22 * Prior dance experience is not required.
- Please see Japanese webpage for details.
Tsujimoto Tomohiko (Dancer/Choreographer)
Sugawara Koharu (Dancer/Choreographer)
Hirayama Yuji (Professional Free Climber)
- precog co.,LTD., Mori Art Museum, Mori Building Co., Ltd.
- precog co.,LTD., Mori Building Co., Ltd., Mori Art Museum Learning
- Planning Cooperation
- The Nippon Foundation DIVERSITY IN THE ARTS
- Arts Council Tokyo, Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture; The Nippon Foundation
Notes on Bookings
- Please note that speakers are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please note that a reply E-mail will be sent to you after submitting the form. If you do not receive the reply E-mail, please contact us.
- For booking, one E-mail address is required per person.
- All prices include tax.
Notes on Personal Information
- Booking forms use SSL encryption to protect your private information.
- Registrants will receive “MAM NEWS (Mori Art Museum Mail Magazines)” delivering the latest news and information about the Mori Art Museum.