The National Art Center, Tokyo “21st DOMANI: The Art of Tomorrow” x Mori Art Museum “Roppongi Crossing 2019” Joint Program Talk Session 1 “What Does It Mean to Work as an Artist on the Global Stage?”
Roppongi Crossing 2019 Related Program
Conducted in Japanese
Appearing on this first talk session are Shimura Nobuhiro and Tamura Yuichiro, individual artists who have taken part, at various times, in both the DOMANI: The Art of Tomorrow and Roppongi Crossing exhibition series. In the first half, Shimura and Tamura will give presentations on their creative practices to date as Japanese artists following time spent overseas as artists-in-residence. In the second half, they will be joined by Ozaki Tetsuya, known as the author of Gendai aato to wa nani ka (“What is contemporary art?”), and staff from the 21st DOMANI: The Art of Tomorrow and Roppongi Crossing 2019 exhibitions, to discuss the future of the Japanese art scene.
- Date & Time
- 14:00-16:00, February 16 [Sat], 2019
- Tamura Yuichiro (Roppongi Crossing 2019 participating artist), Shimura Nobuhiro (21st DOMANI: The Art of Tomorrow participating artist), Ozaki Tetsuya (Journalist, Art director), Hayashi Yoko (Senior Researcher & Curator, Agency of Cultural Affairs), Tsubaki Reiko (Curator, Mori Art Museum)
- NOT required (first-come basis; please come to the venue directly)
21st DOMANI: The Art of Tomorrow official website here
Notes on Bookings
- Please note that speakers are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please note that a reply E-mail will be sent to you after submitting the form. If you do not receive the reply E-mail, please contact us.
- For bookings, one E-mail address is required per person. Please use different E-mail address for different booking.
- All prices include tax.
Notes on Personal Information
- Booking forms use SSL encryption to protect your private information.
- Registrants will receive “MAM NEWS (Mori Art Museum Mail Magazines)” that deliver the latest news and information about the Mori Art Museum.