Community Engagement Program “Art Camp for under 22, Vol. 2”
Conducted in Japanese
Please see Japanese-language webpage for details.
Over the years, Mori Building Company and the Mori Art Museum have collaborated with artists from across the globe to run a variety of programs at the Museum and out on the streets. Summer 2018 saw the launch of a new “Art Camp” program targeting younger art-lovers aged 15 to 22; giving them the opportunity to discuss “contemporary art” with artists and curators in a different environment from the usual school format of “teacher” and “taught,” employing the Museum and entire Roppongi Hills neighborhood as a canvas. Talking with others encourages participants to think about current happenings at home or school, historical events, social, political and cultural developments in the wider world, and the connection of all these with contemporary art, helping them to explore interesting and enjoyable aspects of contemporary art.
This second “Art Camp” will run on the theme of “art and fashion.” As part of day-to-day living, we all wear clothing and thus have a relationship with color, material, and form. The social function of clothing is another major element. Like art, fashion can be described as an expression of the social mores, politics and technological developments of the time. This round of “Art Camp” will consider the relationship between the two.
- Ages 15 to 22
- Dates & Times
- (This is a four-part program, however, you may also choose to participate in just the third part, i.e. below-described 2-day workshop)
#1: Introduction and Talk Session, 11:00-18:00, February 9 [Sat], 2019
#2: Talk, 10:00-12:30, February 16 [Sat], 2019
#3: Workshop, 10:00-18:00, March 9 [Sat] AND 13:30-18:30, March 10 [Sun], 2019
#4: Wrap-up (for the participants of all above three; details TBA to those applicable), Date TBD; sometime around April 2019
Notes on Bookings
- Please note that speakers are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please note that a reply E-mail will be sent to you after submitting the form. If you do not receive the reply E-mail, please contact us.
- For bookings, one E-mail address is required per person. Please use different E-mail address for different booking.
- All prices include tax.
Notes on Personal Information
- Booking forms use SSL encryption to protect your private information.
- Registrants will receive “MAM NEWS (Mori Art Museum Mail Magazines)” that deliver the latest news and information about the Mori Art Museum.