Community Engagement Program “Weaving Project - Let’s Shape Your Storyteling Together”
Conducted in Japanese
The Weaving (Tsumugu) Project is a participatory art project launched in 2017 to mark the 15th anniversary of Roppongi Hills. Since then, it has brought together people living and working in Roppongi, or with other connections to the neighborhood, to reflect on its history and journey, and consider its future.
Our theme for this latest edition of the project is “Maturing people and cities.” This will involve taking a fresh look, from an art perspective, at everyday aspects of urban life including living environments, food, the body, and well-being (QoL). We will also be creating an archive to preserve the memories of those involved for the next generation, in keeping with the forward focus at Roppongi Hills. So come join us to contemplate the future of Roppongi through conversation, workshops, and other stimulating, social activities.
As part of the project, we are also planning activities at the “Roppongi Hills Spring Festival 2020” (TBD) and “Roppongi Art Night 2020” to encourage the public to join us. After these major events, the plan is to run an ongoing program of more low-key Tsumugu Project activities throughout the year.
Activities take place mainly on Saturday mornings, twice a month.
* Activities may take place outside these scheduled times, and extra workshop dates may be added if required.
- #1: 9:30-13:00, Saturday, February 8, 2020
- #2: 9:30-13:00, Saturday, February 22, 2020
- #3: 9:30-13:00, Saturday, March 7, 2020 * Cancelled
- #4: 9:30-13:00, Saturday, March 28, 2020 * Cancelled
- #5: 9:30-13:00, Friday thru Sunday, April 3-5, 2020 * Time TBD, at “Roppongi Hills Spring Festival 2020” (TBD) * Cancelled
- #6: 9:30-13:00, Saturday, April 11, 2020 * Cancelled
- #7: Thursday thru Saturday, April 16-18, 2020 * Time TBD (weekdays in the evening) * Cancelled
- #8: 9:30-13:00, Saturday, May 9, 2020 * Cancelled
- #9: 9:30-13:00, Saturday, May 23, 2020 * Cancelled
- #10: Saturday and Sunday, May 30 and 31, 2020 * Time TBD, at “Roppongi Art Night 2020” * Cancelled
- #11: Date & Time TBD, Looking back and forward on the event * Cancelled
- - Anyone with an interest in the project and a connection to the Roppongi/Azabu district.
Those able to take part in ALL activities as scheduled above.
* No specialized knowledge or experience (artistic or otherwise) required.
- Roppongi Hills Neighborhood Association, Mori Art Museum, Mori Building Co., Ltd.
- Project Partner
- NPO inVisible Kikuchi Hiroko (Artist/Creative Director)
“Weaving Project,” 2019
Notes on Bookings
- Please note that speakers are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please note that a reply E-mail will be sent to you after submitting the form. If you do not receive the reply E-mail, please contact us.
- For bookings, one E-mail address is required per family. Please use different E-mail address for different booking.
- All prices include tax.
- Please note that the museum might take photos/movies for purpose of publicity and documentation during the program.
Notes on Personal Information
- Booking forms use SSL encryption to protect your private information.
- Registrants will receive “MAM NEWS (Mori Art Museum Mail Magazines)” that deliver the latest news and information about the Mori Art Museum.