Talk Session #2
“DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER - The Origins of Drag Parties in Japan”
Conducted in Japanese
Pivoting around the emblematic “DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER” drag parties held periodically at “METRO” nightclub in Kyoto since 1991, the Session recounts the local art scene and drag queen culture then.
- Date & Time
- 19:00-21:00, December 12 [Wed], 2018 (Doors Open: 18:30)
- DJ LaLa (Musician), BuBu de la Madeleine (Artist), mamie mu shangri-la (Sound Artist), D.K.Uraji, Simone Fukayuki (Chanson Singer, Drag Queen)
- Ishitani Haruhiro (Researcher, Archival Research Center, Kyoto City University of Arts), Tsubaki Reiko (Curator, Mori Art Museum)
Notes on Bookings
- Please note that speakers are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please note that a reply E-mail will be sent to you after submitting the form. If you do not receive the reply E-mail, please contact us.
- For bookings, one E-mail address is required per person. Please use different E-mail address for different booking.
- All prices include tax.
Notes on Personal Information
- Booking forms use SSL encryption to protect your private information.
- Registrants will receive “MAM NEWS (Mori Art Museum Mail Magazines)” that deliver the latest news and information about the Mori Art Museum.