Talk Session “From the World of Shiota Chiharu - Multiculturalism and Boundary-Crossing Identities”
* Booked Out
Shiota Chiharu: The Soul Trembles Related Program
Conducted in Japanese
Takayama Akira, artist known for carrying out social experiment-like projects such as McDonald’s Radio University in cities around the world and other, joins versatile Morley Robertson, whose unconventional background saw him born in New York and raised in Hiroshima, to contemplate the challenges for Japan as it becomes increasingly multicultural, and issues surrounding “D&I” (diversity and inclusion). Their discussion will encompass viewpoints also relevant to the artistic realm of Shiota Chiharu, with its ongoing exploration of the existence of the self.
- Date & Time
- 14:00-16:00, Saturyday, July 20, 2019 (Doors Open: 13:30)
- Takayama Akira (Artist, Port B), Morley Robertson (Journalist; DJ)
- Kataoka Mami (Deputy Director and Chief Curator, Mori Art Museum)
Notes on Bookings
- Please note that speakers are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please note that a reply E-mail will be sent to you after submitting the form. If you do not receive the reply E-mail, please contact us.
- For bookings, one E-mail address is required per person. Please use different E-mail address for different booking.
- All prices include tax.
- Please note that the museum might take photos/movies for purpose of publicity and documentation during the program.
Notes on Personal Information
- Booking forms use SSL encryption to protect your private information.
- Registrants will receive “MAM NEWS (Mori Art Museum Mail Magazines)” that deliver the latest news and information about the Mori Art Museum.