Public Discussion “What Is the New Thinking around Collections in Modern and Contemporary Museums in Asia?”
* Booked Out
Japanese-English simultaneous interpretation available
In the context of the contemporary, globalized conversation on modern and contemporary art and visual culture, museums in Asia are devising new ways to manage and loan their collections to promote alternative models of collaboration with other institutions. Furthermore, with the development of digital technology, the ways in which collections data can be shared is rapidly evolving. Reflecting on the ideas raised during the two-day symposium, this public event takes museums of different regional, historical, and financial backgrounds, and with various administrative structures, as a starting point for discussion. Examining the activities of these museums should allow us to investigate potential models and future possibilities for museum collections.
Mori Art Museum International Symposium
M+ International ｘ Mori Art Museum “What Do Collections Mean to Museums?”
- Date & Time
- 18:30-20:00, Thursday, September 26, 2019 (Doors Open: 18:00)
- Kasahara Michiko (Vice Director, Artizon Museum), Sugaya Tomio (Deputy Director, Nakanoshima Museum of Art, Osaka Planning Office), Horikawa Lisa (Deputy Director of Collections Development, National Gallery Singapore), Doryun Chong (Deputy Director, Cutatorial and Chief Curator, M+), Yokoyama Ikko (Lead Curator, Design and Architecture, M+), Kataoka Mami (Deputy Director and Chief Curator, Mori Art Museum)
- Mori Art Museum, M+
M+ Website: https://www.mplus.org.hk/en/
Notes on Bookings
- Please note that speakers are subject to change without prior notice.
- Please note that a reply E-mail will be sent to you after submitting the form. If you do not receive the reply E-mail, please contact us.
- For bookings, one E-mail address is required per person. Please use different E-mail address for different booking.
- All prices include tax.
- Please note that the museum might take photos/movies for purpose of publicity and documentation during the program.
Notes on Personal Information
- Booking forms use SSL encryption to protect your private information.
- Registrants will receive “MAM NEWS (Mori Art Museum Mail Magazines)” that deliver the latest news and information about the Mori Art Museum.