Announcement of Special Viewing Tour to “The 33rd National Cultural Festival Oita 2018” with Director Nanjo
Mori Art Museum MAMC Membership Program will hold a special viewing tour to “The 33rd National Cultural Festival Oita 2018.”
We will visit the Festival and view artworks by Ohmaki Shinji, Anish Kapoor and etc., together with Nanjo Fumio, Director of Mori Art Museum.
In addition, we are excited to announce that Mr. Yamaide Jun’ya (Executive Director of NPO “BEPPU PROJECT” / Artist) who actually produced this Art Festival, will join this tour of ours to tell us about artworks and share some behind-the-scenes episodes and stories about the festival.
We have made 2 types of scheduling arrangements; 1) for an overnight stay and 2) extended tour for 2 nights / 3 days.
Everyone is welcome, so join the tour and enjoy a trip with us!
- Key Factors
- - Nanjo Fumio (Director, Mori Art Museum) accompanies the tour
- With commentary by Mr. Yamaide Jun’ya (Executive Director, NPO “BEPPU PROJECT”) who joins in the tour
- Exclusive, private viewing of “COMICO ART MUSEUM YUFUIN”
- Special viewing of “CHOUCHOUKAKU - National registered tangible cultural property -” (currently closed to public)
- Guide to “KEBESU MATSURI” held only once a year (for extended tour only)
- Viewing artworks of “KUNISAKI ART FESTIVAL”
- Transportation made easy throughout the entire tour by Chartered Bus or Jumbo Taxi
- Dates: October 13 [Sat] to 14 [Sun], 2018 or to 15 [Mon], 2018
Planning by: Mori Art Museum
Cooperation: BEPPU PROJECT
Travel Plan Organizer: Kamenoi Bus Travel Center
Minimum Passenger Count: 25 persons
Bookings Open: 9:30-, August 10 [Fri], 2018
Book by: August 31 [Fri], 2018 (will close as soon as the number of participants reaches the limit.)* Deadline extended to September 9 [Sun]
1) 39,300 yen (an overnight stay) * Single room extra charge: 13,000 yen
2) 78,500 yen (2 nights / 3 days) * Single room extra charge: 14,000 yen
Meeting Time: 10:00, October 13 [Sat], 2018
Meeting Place: Oita Airport Arrival Lobby
Break-up Time: around 17:30 on October 14 [Sun] / 16:00 on October 15 [Mon]
Break-up Location: Oita Airport
Bookings: Kamenoi Bus Travel Center * In Japanese-language only
Tel: +81-(0)977-75-6075 (9:30-17:20, Weekdays only)
Please see following PDF for details * In Japanese-language only
* Above Package price includes: chartered bus (jumbo taxi from the evening of October 14) fee at Oita, tour guide fee and meals (for an overnight stay: lunch and dinner on October 13, breakfast and lunch on October 14 / for 2 nights / 3 days: lunch and dinner on the October 13, breakfast, lunch and dinner on October 14, breakfast and lunch on October 15), accommodation fee, admission fee.
* Above Package price does NOT include the participants’ transportation to the meeting place and from the break-up location.
* Tax included in the Package price.
* “KEBESU MATSURI” is a festival held on October 14 every year that it is said that disease-free and disaster-free life will come true if taking a spark. Please be careful, you may get a hole in clothes when taking a spark.
* If you participate in the extended tour, please come with clothes and shoes that are easy to walk.
* Please note that there might be changes to the above schedule.
* This tour is conducted in Japanese.
- Recommending Flight from Tokyo
- October 13 out-bound: JAL661 (08:05-09:40) / ANA791 (08:15-09:55)
October 14 in-bound: JAL674 (19:15-20:45) / ANA800 (18:10-19:45)
October 15 in-bound: JAL672 (16:55-18:25) / ANA3792 (16:55-18:30)
Profile of Yamaide Jun’ya
Executive Director of NPO “BEPPU PROJECT” / Artist Born in 1970 in Oita, Japan. Artist in residence on Arcus Program in Ibaraki (1996-1997), participated in the International Studio Program by PS1 in New York with the assistance of the Asian Cultural Council (2000-2001), stayed in Europe with a scholarship from Pola Art Foundation (2002), stayed in Paris as an external scholar of the Agency for Cultural Affairs (Japan) (2002-2004), founded BEPPU PROJECT with an aim to hold international exhibitions in cooperation with different organizations (2005). General producer of the “Mixed Bathing World” (2009, 2012, 2015). General director of the “Kunisaki Art Festival” (2014). General director of the “Oita Toilennale” (2015). General producer of the “in BEPPU” (2016-). Adviser of regional cultural program,“National Cultural Festival Oita 2018” (2016-). Board Member of the Council for Cultural Affairs, Cultural Policy Section in 2008 received the “New Face” Award from the Ministry of Education (Art Promotion section).
- Become a MAMC Member!
- Please see here for more details and application of MAMC Membership: