Members-only Event “MAMC Night” on Tuesday, December 18!
The upcoming edition of “MAMC Night” will feature a Gallery Tour of “Catastrophe and the Power of Art” by Kondo Kenichi who is curator of this exhibition followed by a Talk Event by participating artist, Chim↑Pom. They are also showcased at the “MAM Collection 008: Crows - Aida Makoto + Chim↑Pom” and the new show entitled “Ground Open” at a newly-opened gallery “ANOMALY” in Tennoz Isle (Thru January 26 [Sat], 2019).
They will talk about their artworks from 2011 to date.
- MAMC Night
- * Japanese-English simultaneous interpretation available
- Date & Time
- 19:00-22:00, December 18 [Tue], 2018 (Doors open 18:45 / Last admission 21:30)
- Mori Art Museum (53F, Roppongi Hills Mori Tower)
- Mori Art Museum Information (3F, Roppongi Hills Mori Tower)
- Open to all MAMC members (Benefactor and Fellow)
- Number of accompanied guests allowed
- Up to 2 guests for Benefactor, and up to 1 guest for Fellow
* Please note that members and their accompanying guests are requested to enter at the same time.
* Members, please be sure to attend the event if you have guest(s) to bring.
- 80 (bookings required)
- Free for all participants
- Booking Deadline
- December 9 [Sun], 2018
* Please note that bookings may close once the number of bookings reaches the capacity.
* Please refrain from cancelling after the booking deadline.
- 18:45Doors open
21:00-22:00Free viewing (21:30 Last admission)
* Please note that there might be changes to the above schedule.
- Booking * Booked out
- For MAMC members: here
- To be a MAMC member, details here
* If you are not a member yet, please see the membership webpage.
Chim↑Pom is an artist collective formed in 2005 in Tokyo with members Ushiro Ryuta, Hayashi Yasutaka, Ellie, Okada Masataka, Inaoka Motomu, and Mizuno Toshinori.
Responding instinctively to the “real” of their times, Chim↑Pom has continuously released works that intervene in contemporary society with strong social messages. In addition to participating in exhibitions throughout the world, they’ve develop various independent projects. In 2015, they opened their artist-run space “Garter” in Tokyo to curate and showcase works by a number of artists of our times. They also took an initiative in organizing, and participated in the international exhibition “Don’t Follow the Wind” launched on March 11, 2015, in Fukushima inside the Exclusion Zone created after the 2011 Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Disaster. Since then, they have been working on various projects related to the theme of “borders,” and presented in 2017 “The Other Side,” a project on the US-Mexico border. Chim↑Pom received the Prudential Eye Awards 2015, under two categories Overall Emerging Artist of the Year and Best Emerging Artist Using Digital/Video.
About Event Report
Please note that reports on MAMC events, which may include photographs taken at the events, will appear from time to time on the Mori Art Museum website.
MAMC is a Membership program designed to provide a more in-depth experience of the Mori Art Museum (MAM) and Contemporary art (C). In addition to free admission to exhibitions, MAMC Members enjoy a range of benefits including exclusive events. Applications for individual or corporate membership are welcomed at any time.
About MAMC Membership