On July 31, The Curtain Goes up on STARS: Six Contemporary Artists from Japan to the World
The Mori Art Museum is delighted to announce the new, revised dates for the STARS: Six Contemporary Artists from Japan to the World exhibition, postponed due to temporary closure of the Museum. STARS will now run from Friday, July 31, 2020, through Sunday, January 3, 2021.
As the Museum reopens, admission will require an online advance booking for a designated date/time slot. To help ensure the health and safety of our visitors and staff members, we will also be implementing a range of ongoing, comprehensive countermeasures against new coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission.
Note that rescheduling of the STARS exhibition will also mean changes to the dates for other previously announced exhibitions - i.e., Another Energy: Power to Continue Challenging - 16 Women Artists from around the World and Chim↑Pom (Title TBD).
Mori Art Museum
Period: Friday, July 31, 2020 - Sunday, January 3, 2021
* Revised from: Thursday, April 23 – Sunday, September 6, 2020
Open Hours: 10:00-22:00 (Last Admission: 21:30）
* 10:00-17:00 on Tuesdays (Last Admission: 16:30)
* Open every day
* Open until 22:00 on Tuesdays, September 22 and November 3, 2020 (Last Admission: 21:30)
Admission: Adults 2,000 yen; Students (University / Highschool) 1,300 yen; Children (Ages 4 through Junior High School Students) 700 yen; Seniors (Ages 65 and over) 1,700 yen
* All admissions will be based on advance booking with a designated date/time slot, only. Ticket sales/bookings will be through the booking website.
* Details such as ticket sales/bookings start date will be announced on the Mori Art Museum website on a later date.
* Admission fees have been revised.
* All prices include tax.
* Ticket also valid for Mori Art Museum small programs to run concurrently: MAM Collection 012: Samson Young; MAM Screen 013: Mounira Al Solh; and MAM Project 028: Si On.
* Admissions to Tokyo City View observation deck, Sky Deck, and Mori Arts Center Gallery will all be separate.
Rescheduling of Exhibitions with the Opening of the STARS Exhibition
Period: Thursday, April 22 – Sunday, September 26, 2021
* Revised from Thursday, October 1, 2020 – Sunday, January 3, 2021
Period: Thursday, October 21, 2021 – Sunday, January 30, 2022
* Revised from Thursday, April 22 – Sunday, August 22, 2021
* As previously announced, Heatherwick Studio: Building Soulfulness (exhibition originally scheduled for Wednesday, April 8 – Sunday, June 14, 2020, at Tokyo City View) has been rescheduled for the January-March 2023 timeframe, with details TBD.
* The Mori Art Museum will be closed from Monday, January 4 to Wednesday, April 21, 2021, due to some facility renovation and refurbishment works.
- Both Tokyo City View observation deck and Sky Deck have already been open.
- Details concerning the Mori Arts Center Gallery’s upcoming exhibition are currently being finalized and will be announced once determined.
- Museum Cafe & Restaurant THE SUN & THE MOON will stay closed for now, until further notice.
- Roppongi Hills Art & Design Store and Roppongi Hills A/D Gallery (both on 3F, Roppongi Hills Mori Tower) have resumed their operations, however, in shorter hours. The operating hours will be back to regular hours from July 31 onwards. Mori Art Museum Shop is to reopen then as well.
- Note that details are subject to change. Please check the facility website for the latest information prior to your visit.
- Before you visit, please read about our countermeasures against the new coronavirus (COVID-19) here.
General Inquiries about the Museum
Tel: +81-(0)3-5777-8600 (8:00-22:00)
Inquiries via .